Monday, May 19, 2014

Nature-Centered Spirituality (including 'Flower Therapy' and 'Living Earth Devotional')

Books book books... and more books! 

My reading habits are split equally between reading informational, non-fiction writings and fictional, fantastical writings. I wouldn't be able to say which I prefer because it really depends on the day or what I'm craving - I go wherever my passions are leading me! But when I'm not mentally seated atop a horse and riding off towards battle or swimming in the depths of the oceans, you can find me reading about multiple different things, most often about spirituality and the many facets of it. Whether it's a spiritual belief practiced by me or not, I'll always be drawn to and feel passionate about acquiring that unbiased knowledge - in that way I'm a wee bit greedy or obsessive! 

Throughout the years, beginning when I was a very young elfling, I've swayed towards earth-oriented spirituality for my own life and it's paths. This doesn't cancel out my interests in the other religions and spiritual trees of our world but for my own spirit, the earth (and the universe) was always where I found what I was looking for, whatever that may be or will be, therefore being the dominant subject of all the books I own. Today I'm only wishing to share two of the earthy books I've acquired in the last year for the purpose of self-reflection as well as sharing with others who may be interested! These books aren't books of strict doctrine; they're much more of practices to include in one's life alongside any religion or spirituality, which is one of the reasons why these books have a special place in my heart. 

Living Earth Devotional by Clea Danaan

 Written on the back of the book:
'Tune in to nature, care for the sacred earth, and grow spiritually with 365 eco-friendly activities for deepening your connection with nature. Following the Wheel of the Year, this day-by-day guide will help you tune in to the energies of the changing seasons and build a greater appreciation for the earth's beauty, power, and wisdom. Reduce your carbon footprint, recharge your creativity and intuition, and cultivate a connection with the world that inspires spiritual growth and personal transformation.'

Excerpt from Living Earth Devotional
Living Earth Devotional by Clea Danaan is a book with the goal of sharing green projects, objectives, and practices ranging from gardening to meditation techniques with those who are looking for daily goals to accomplish. The book was (lightly) written with a pagan audience in mind, as evident by some of the terms used, but in no way promotes any specific path and can be read by anyone searching for a way to integrate the earth into their daily life - in my opinion. The book mainly focuses on the earth, ways to connect with her, and refers to the seasons using sacred terms that are primarily coined as 'pagan' but doesn't share it's message in a way that would frighten or intimidate someone who isn't pagan. The activities can be done by anyone who has or is aiming for a spiritual connection with the earth. It's a very sweet book that's inspired me in the last six months that I've had it on hand!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flower Therapy by Doreen Virtue and Robert Reeves
 Written on the back of the book:
'"Flower Therapy" is the art of working with flowers, flower essences, and angels for healing, manifestation, and abundance. With nature as your ally, your dreams really can come true. In this handy book, Doreen Virtue and Robert Reeves give in-depth information about 88 flowers, illustrated with gorgeous, full-color photographs. You'll find out about the flowers' energetic and healing properties, discover which angels are connection to each one, and learn to associate different species with the various chakras. In addition, there's a loving, channeled message of support directly from each flower. You'll even be guided through energetic clearing methods and learn how to perform a Flower Therapy reading.'

An excerpt from Flower Therapy
Flower Therapy by Doreen Virtue and Robert Reeves is a small, compact, and very helpful book that would serve any soul looking to work energetically with flowers. It's split into three major sections: 
  1. Discovering Flower Therapy: In this chapter you'll be introduced to flower therapy and it's companions, ways to gather and care for your healing flowers, healing methods, flower essences and infusions, and divine guidance from each flower.
  2. Flower Therapy Directory: Here you will find the section of the book that's pictured above as well as a small bit of extra information regarding flowers not in the book. This section is infinitely helpful and consumes a majority of the book, which is very nice because it leaves many information chart-like sources to be read. 
  3. Flower Therapy Charts: This is where you'll find archangel associations with flowers, chakra associations with flowers, and energetic healing properties of flowers - all written in a 'reference section' type of way, similar to information written in the back of text books. 
I've found such peace and assistance in this book... it honestly holds so much more value in my heart than the size of the book could reveal at a first glance. It's written from an un-biased, all-encompassing spiritual view, including both archangels and charkas (aspects of different religions), which is something that can welcome any flower-student with open arms. It lays the information out in an easily-read manner throughout all of the chapters and lessens any confusion one may have of working with healing flowers. It's a light-hearted yet endlessly helpful read that can be referred to many times over!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



This is all for today as the post ended up being a bit more lengthy than I originally envisioned but who am I to stop the heart when it has much to share? Hehehe! 
Are there any books you recommend? Have you read these books and were they helpful to your path? I have a few other books that were planned to be written about, should I write about the other books?

~ ☽ Juvelee Ceveneth ☾ ~

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Thank you for sharing the delightful words from your heart :) I would definitely check out these books! And please do write about the other books asweell :)

    I am unfortunately not blessed with the 'reading gift'. I've always had a hard time reading, being too easily distracted by other things etc. There are so many books I would love to read, but I find it hard to start, to continue reading and finish :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely! :) One of the very nice things about these books is that they're comprised of short readings that are overflowing with information. They're so helpful without very much reading time needed! I can be very easily distracted as well when reading, especially if my mind isn't in the reading head space, like if I really want to be creating or out walking instead! But with these books, they're gentle on the active mind while still having a lot to offer.

      You're a master at all other things you do sister, whether it be sewing, taking photos, participating in the vegan community, or anything else, so it's absolutely okay that lengthy reading isn't your thing <3 ^-^ I hope that if you check out the books that you like them!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Living Earth Devotional looks good--thanks so much for sharing.

    Most of my nonfiction books are about nutrition, healing, and household care. Here is part of my collection:

    Salt, Lemons, Vinegar, and Baking Soda by Shea Zukowski; Hundreds of Earth-friendly household projects, solutions, and formulas.

    Lavender, Parsley, Peppermint, and Sage by Shea Zukowski; All-natural, Earth-friendly projects and problem-solvers for health and home.

    Dr. Mercola's Total Health Program: The Proven Plan to Prevent Disease and Premature Aging, Optimize Weight and Live Longer! by Dr. Joseph Mercola; includes many excellent recipes and invaluable information.

    Healing with Whole Foods: Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrition by Paul Pitchford; includes recipes and protocols for many ailments.

    Acupressure's Potent Points: A Guide to Self-Care for Common Ailments by Michael Reed Gach; I have used this guide all my life to address everything from bowel issues to temperomandibular joint disorder.

    Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition by Ramiel Nagel; based on research by Weston A. Price, offers PROVEN recipes and guidelines for remineralizing teeth to heal severe decay and to maintain dental health.

    I can also recommend a few fantasy novels or series, if you're interested. :3 Gaia's blessings upon you~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohhh, wow wow wow! *jumps around in circles* I enjoy books about nutrition, healing, and natural household care as well so this is a diviiiiiine list, my girl! Thank you so much :) I would very much love to be led in the direction of fantasy novels – the more the merrier (and epic)! I'm happy to have shared, especially if the book will find home with you one day.

      Earthy blessings and wishes to you, dear <3

      Delete
    2. Of couuuuurrrrssse I didn't check back here until now. @_@ Sorry!

      Glad my short list appealed to you. I forgot to add this book:

      The Bates Method for Better Eyesight without Glasses, by Dr. William H. Bates, M.D. Contains methods of training the eyes to function properly, without the (ultimately destructive) aid of glasses or contact lenses. Paperback edition includes an eyesight chart that is instrumental in the training program.

      As for fiction, I am always recommending The Death Gate Cycle (series) by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman (who also wrote for Dragonlance). It has been years since I read them, but I read all seven volumes quickly, and then read them again not long after the first time. Familiar fantasy races are put in very interesting situations and made to overcome ancient prejudices. The interaction is written beautifully, and the story and setting are unique in my experience, and utterly fascinating. I've been meaning to read this series again for years. XD;;

      Delete